Make Sure Your Summer Plans Include Utah Lake
We want to make sure that everyone knows how to have fun at Utah Lake this summer!
Here are a few ideas:
- The 11th Annual Utah Lake Festival will be on Saturday, June 6th, 2015 from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Click here for more details.
- Check out some of the trails around the lake. This map will show you where the current trails are, as well as a lot of other good information about the lake.
- Go for a scenic drive around the lake. The areas near West Mountain and the west side of the lake are quite peaceful and provide a new view of the valley.
- Get out your binoculars and go try to spot some wildlife. Utah Lake is a great place to observe a wide variety of birds.
- If you have an hour to kill, educate yourself more about the lake by watching Utah Lake: Legacy.
- If you have a few spare minutes but don’t have time to visit the lake, get on social media and search for #utahlake to see what people are doing and get ideas for your next Utah Lake adventure.
- There are lots of fun Geocaches hidden around the lake. To learn more about Geocaching and to find out where they are located, go to www.geocaching.com.
- Go boating early in the summer. Unfortunately we didn’t get a lot of snow this year. Water levels on the lake will be very low towards the end of the summer, so don’t delay if you want to go boating this year.