2016 Utah Lake Photography Contest
2016 Utah Lake Photography Contest
The Utah Lake Commission is pleased to announce the 6th annual Utah Lake Photography Contest. The contest is sponsored by Allen’s Camera. Contestants may submit one photo in each of the following categories:
Utah Lake Scenery: Photos of the lake in all seasons (ice, sunsets, reflections, etc.)
Utah Lake Fun: Photos of people enjoying the lake.
Utah Lake Animal Life: Photos of wildlife at Utah Lake.
ENTRY: To enter a photograph in the contest, complete the following steps:
- Complete the online entry form (CLICK HERE). Complete the form once for each submission (up to one in each of the three categories).
- Print and mount the photo. Photos should be mounted on foam board. Allen’s Camera will offer a 50 percent printing and mounting discount on photos for this contest. The printed photos may be no larger than 16” by 24”*. Bring the printed, mounted photograph to any Allen’s Camera location by May 28th, 2016. Make sure that your name and entry title are legibly written on the back. Photos can also be brought to the Utah Lake Commission Office, but please call beforehand to make sure that someone will be there to help you.
- Email a digital .jpeg file of the photo to email@example.com by May 28, 2016. It must be at least 8MP (3264 x 2448). If you prefer, you may deliver your submission to the Utah Lake Commission or to any Allen’s Camera location during business hours by May 28, 2016 on a USB flash/thumb drive or CD.
Important: Photographs that have been submitted in previous Utah Lake Photography Contests are ineligible for the 2016 contest.
Utah Lake Commission Office:
51 South University Ave. Suite 109
Provo, Utah 84601
36 North University Ave.
626 North State Street
|Salt Lake City:|
6311 S. Highland, Dr.
(The Imaging Depot)
589 N Main St Layton, UT 84044
JUDGING & PRIZES: Winners will be selected by a panel of judges from Allen’s Camera using the following criteria:
- 40% Quality (focus, lighting, depth of view)
- 40% Composition (creativity, arrangement)
- 20% Originality (think beyond just a sunset at the lake)
Winners of the photography contest will be announced by email and on the Utah Lake Commission Facebook Page on June 3, 2016. All entries will be on display at the Utah Lake Festival on June 4, 2016 at Utah Lake State Park. Winning entries will also be displayed at the Utah Lake Commission office, Utah Lake Commission Governing Board Meetings, and at the annual Utah Lake legislative event in October. All entries may be used in marketing campaigns, social media sites, and the Utah Lake Commission website.
The prizes for winning entries will be gift cards to Allen’s Camera. Prize amounts:
|Category||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|Utah Lake Scenery||$175 Gift Card||$125 Gift Card||$100 Gift Card|
|Utah Lake Fun||$175 Gift Card||$125 Gift Card||$100 Gift Card|
|Utah Lake Animal Life||$175 Gift Card||$125 Gift Card||$100 Gift Card|
Prints for winning entries become the property of the Utah Lake Commission as they will be displayed throughout the year at various events. Winners may reprint their photographs at Allen’s Camera at a 50 percent discount because the Utah Lake Commission will be keeping their original prints. Non-winning prints can be picked up between Monday, June 6th and Friday, June 17th at the Provo Allen’s Camera location. Any prints not picked up by June 17th become property of Allen’s Camera.
*Clarification for photo sizes: The 16 x 24 refers to the print itself, so the final product can be a little bigger if you decide to leave a border of foam board around the photo. The only requirement is that the photos are mounted onto a foam board. This video is a good example. You don’t have to follow this method, but the final mounted photo should at least look like it does in the video. Allen’s Camera is offering the printing and mounting services for this contest at a 50 percent discount, which is about $17.99 overall after the discount. In order to maintain consistency between entries, we ask that entries not be framed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the contest.
The photo at the top was taken by Christian Peay and was the winner of the Animal Life category last year.