Participate in the 2014 Utah Lake Photography Exhibit
Are you looking for something fun and creative to start off your Summer?
Take a picture at Utah Lake and submit it to the Utah Lake Photography Exhibit, which will be displayed at the Utah Lake Festival and in government offices over the next year.
The following rules apply:
- Participants can submit one photograph in each of the following three categories:
- Scenic: Must include Utah Lake
- People: Must include people having fun at Utah Lake
- Wildlife: Must include some type of wildlife at Utah Lake
- Submissions must be delivered to the Utah Lake Commission office, located at:
Historic Utah County Courthouse
51 S. University Ave. Suite 109
Provo, UT 84601
- General office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-5:00pm. However, there are times when the office is closed due to meetings/lunch, so please call on the day that you are coming to make sure we are open (801-851-2900). Feel free to mail it if it is more convenient for you.
- Submissions must be matted. The final art piece, including the matte, must be no larger than 16 in. X 24 in.
- Please fill out an entry form and attach it to the back of the matte. Fill out one form for each photograph that you submit. Follow this link to access the form: Photography Exhibit Entry Form.
- The photograph must also be submitted digitally. This can be done by sending it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by putting it on a CD and submitting it with your photograph.
- All photographs must be submitted between May 12th and June 4th. Late submissions may still be displayed, but the participants will be ineligible for the prizes listed below.
- By submitting a photograph, you are giving the Utah Lake Commission permission to use the photograph on our websites and social media, and to display it around the state (with credit given). This means that the physical copy of the photograph will not be returned to you.
The first 15 individuals to submit photographs will receive a $10 Amazon gift card. Additionally, all participants will be entered into a raffle from which three random winners will be chosen. There will be one $50, one $40, and one $30 gift card in the raffle. We will contact the winners once they have been determined.
The public will vote for their favorite photographs at the Utah Lake Festival, which will be held on June 7th, 2014. Each voter will choose their favorite photograph in each of the three categories listed above.
The winner of each of the three categories will receive a $75 Amazon gift card, second place winners will receive a $40 card, and third place winners will receive a $20 card. Allen’s Camera, who is sponsoring the exhibit, will also be providing prizes for those who win the public vote.
Please email Luke Allen (email@example.com) or call the Utah Lake Commission at 801-851-2900 if you have any questions.
Photo Courtesy: Carin Green